Sunday 22 July 2012

FASHION & STYLE AVENUE: Being, Living & Loving Fashion


MY PASSION FOR FASHION
My passion for fashion started way back in the day, I think I was about 10 years of age. Of-course I wasn’t as clued up about fashion as I am now, but I remember having this edge of changing some of my clothes into what I might like though unfortunately I couldn’t even come up with the actual idea at the time...then 1 day, we were at school and I noticed a very beautiful beaded ring that my friend had on, I asked her where she bought it and to my surprise she had designed and created it herself, we made an appointment to meet over at her house the following weekend, I got there very early Saturday morning...ready and fiery for my first designing class ever .I got to say, life was never the same from that day onwards, now I knew I could do it. From simple beaded rings, I started designing them giving them a few extra touches of my own, mixing colours and jinxing them around...then eventually bracelets, neck-pieces and earrings, now I was a jewellery designer. I remember how proud my mother was, she owned a couple of them. She would always parade the new ones to her friends and colleagues. That’s how I got inspired and motivated to want to learn more about fashion as an art so that I’d be able to offer more.
So for me, being a fashionista is not all about dressing up and looking fabulous...it’s mainly about sharing beautiful creations with the people, celebrating excellence and our existence as people.

No comments:

Post a Comment