Tuesday 29 October 2013

TRIBUTE TO A LEGEND: ROBO THE TECHNICIAN

This week the hip hop community was hit with a devastating blow. We lost a hip hop heavyweight and a legend and those who knew robo the technician will surely testify.
I met this brother in the mid-nineties and at that time robo was already a well-seasoned mc and a performer. In those days he partnered with omen and they created beautiful classics that inspired and motivated other and younger mc’s at lee club. What shined the most about robo, till his death, was his humility, he was  really a humble soul brother. He was always ready and willing to welcome people who loved and respected him for his music and I know this from experience having been one of those people. I am blessed to have come across such a soul in my own lifetime, and I believe hip hop should cherish its mcs while their still alive for the respect due. I PROPOSE WE CELLEBRATE THE LIFE OF THIS LEGEND BY FULLFILLING SOME OF HIS HOPES AND ASPIRATIONS, LET US CONTINUE TO LOVE AND CHERISH THE ART IN HIP HOP AND CELLEBRATE THE CULTURE OF THE MESSAGE IN THE MUSIC. TO THE SUPPORTERS OF HIP HOP, LET US ACTIVELY SUPPORT THE GROWTH OF THE CULTURE BY BUYING ORIGINAL LOCAL HIP HOP MUSIC. I BELIeVE IT IS STEPS LIKE THESE WE CAN TAKE TO MAKE sure THE LEGACY OF SUCH LEGENDS IS NOT FORGOTTEN AND THEIR LIVES WERE NEVER INVANE. I DON’T KNOW ITS JUST ME, I’LL PUT IT OUT THERE.
Rest in peace to our big brother robo the technician hip hop will always remember you as a poet, lyricist, mc, public speaker and performing artist of the highest caliber.

GOOGLE ROBO THE TECHNICIAN TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS DOPE MC... ONE.

1 comment: